The Cannon Falls Library currently has an opening for a part–time library shelver.
10-13 hours per week; afternoons and Saturdays
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Shelving library materials and straightening shelves using the Dewey Decimal System, helping to maintain the general good order of the library, assisting patrons in locating items, and checking items in and out. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. This job requires considerable kneeling, bending, and reaching high and low. Strong alphabetizing and numerical skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to order items both alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with supervisors, Library and other City staff, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of the scope and physical organization of the library collection, including a basic understanding of the Dewey Decimal Classification system.
- Working knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Ability to type and enter information into automated system with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
For more information please call, Cannon Falls Library, at 507-263-2804. Position will remain open until filled. Applications available here.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour